Saturday, 7 June 2014

Love's Landscapes. Carte Blanche by Nash Summers

So as you know I'm writing two stories for the Love's Landscapes event on Goodreads. I have also been lucky enough to pre-read/help edit some of the stories by other authors and as these stories become available I'd like to share them with you. First up is Carte Blanch by Nash Summers.


Here is my review, as previously found on Goodreads;

I was absolutely the luckiest person this spring and this was one of the stories I got to beta read. Ever since I read the first chapter - the first sentence even - I have been dying for people to have the chance to read it.

Nash Summers is a new author, with just two short stories under her belt - I predict however that this is a name that will soon be well known in the MM genre. Carte Blanche is the story of Jude and Devin - and how Devin helps Jude see beyond his issues.

It is amazingly written, I can't sing high enough praise for this story. From the opening paragraph to the last sentence we are in Jude's head, we see and feel how he sees and feels. His illness (OCD) is part of him but with Devin's help he is able to see he is a person beyond his illness. One of their first exchanges goes like this;


"What do you mean I didn't answer your question? I told you everything about me. I told you something personal.” My jaw was slack and I was openly staring at him, more than a little shocked by his response.
“I asked about you. Your first and only response was to tell me about your disorder. You aren’t your disorder. You told me about all the things you don’t like and none of the things you do like. I just find it hard to believe someone like you is completely comprised of dislikes and not a single like.” 

Through the story it is so easy to fall in love with both of the characters and their relationship. I don't want to give away this entire story, but I want everyone to read it. I, personally, am stunned by it's beauty and simplicity. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have.


Available to read free as part of the MMRG Love's Landscapes event.

Please check out this story, I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment